online. For that, you need a great advertising strategy, but as a beginner, you can‘t know all the tricks of how to do it.
- Take a video;
- Take a photo;
- Make a story on Instagram or Facebook;
- Make reels on Instagram;
- Use such platforms as Pinterest to advertise your product for free.
- Have your personal website or platform where you put photos, videos, and/or articles about the products you sell.
More platform ways of advertising you use with wider variety of people, more probability there is that you will attract and more products you will sell.
Be more consistent with your content; in other words, it is better to put less content online every day. That helps make me more visible for different platform users. You can always use the story or reel options as a way to better advertise, no matter what kind of product you are selling.
However, there are some simple beginner strategies that you can follow when starting to advertise yourself. You need to ask yourself some fundamental questions:
- Who are the people I want to reach? Who are the people interested in the item I am
- Where can you find the target groups online?
- What add-ons do you watch with pleasure? (e.g., „satisfying videos”)
- What are good practices in the advertising of other companies? (Biggest brands that stick in our minds, like Coca Cola, McDonalds, or the content of best known influencers)
- How can I apply personal experience and good practices together?
- Also, just to get feedback, you can ask your friends and family to watch your ads and give their opinions about them; you can then adjust your ads accordingly.
- What offers can I make to my clients? (e.g., 2 pieces for the price of 1 piece price)
- The group you want to reach due to your product (differently shaped soaps) are: artsy“ people who value aesthetics (because your soaps are beautiful); interior design people (because your soaps are made as interior design details). – young people, curious to explore new products (the product is not typical) – women (they are curious about all points mentioned before: aesthetics, interior design, and new products).
- Where can you find these groups? Young people can be mostly reached on Instagram; women’s variety of channels include: Instagram, Facebook, Women Facebook Groups, arts platforms like ETSY, artists can be reached by – Etsy or Patrion, Pinterest, Local Communities Online, people interested in interior design – on design/artistic online platforms, like Pinterest.
All in all, we have a list of platforms to start with: Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Groups, Etsy, Patrion, Pinterest, Local Communities Online. Check out how you can use your ads there. The easiest platforms for marketing yourself are Facebook and Instagram, as they don‘t require much knowledge; you can tell a story with a simple photo and a note about what the product is about. After exploring the study case, I hope you have gained inspiration and more clarity about how you can proceed with your business marketing once you start your business.
Remember, to start advertising yourself, you don‘t need much money or to hire a specialist at first. And if you don‘t feel creative, you can always learn about marketing online through Youtube videos, Coursera, or Udemy platforms that offer great courses about it. Furthermore, double-check YOUGO Platform at yougoproject.com; learning platforms and e-commerce platforms are being created and will be available by the end of August 2023.